This ministry is dependent upon God for its effectiveness and growth. We ask that you join us in prayer for the many opportunities God brings our way to help the lost and the hurting. Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing.” That is why it is so important that this ministry be continually prayed for; only with the Lord can this ministry accomplish something that will last for eternity.
Please pray for:
- Salvation – The WSRM is a Gospel Rescue mission which means that we first seek to meet the greatest spiritual need of our residents.
- Spiritual Growth – Many of the men who come to the mission grew up in a church but have strayed away from God and are now wanting to renew their relationship with Him.
- Freedom from Addictions – A major cause of homelessness is a life controlling addiction.
- Family Relationships – Most people are not born homeless but a breakdown in family relationships is a major cause for many to have nowhere to go.
- Wisdom – The staff at the WSRM face a task that changes day to day and moment by moment and we need wisdom to handle each situation in a way that is best for the resident and the mission.
- Spirit Empowerment – We depend on God to give us the strength to be the good and faithful servants we are called to be.
- Finances – The mission is supported by donations from individuals, churches, businesses and civic organizations.
- Leadership – Please pray for the Executive Director, Mr. Heater, and the board as they are responsible for largest part of the stewardship of this ministry.
- Volunteers – The Mission depends on the valuable time given by our volunteers. Please pray them as they join us on the “front lines” of this ministry.
- Partner Organizations – There are other community and faith based organizations that we depend on to help meet the health needs of our residents. Pray for them and their continued support.
- Winston-Salem – Please pray for our city, there are many that still need to hear the gospel. Pray that God would grant this ministry many avenues to share the gospel.